- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g mushrooms
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250ml vegetable stock
- ½ tsp dried chillies, crushed
- 110g basmati rice
- 200ml soya single cream
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and then add the mushrooms, shallots and red pepper. Cook until they soften and most of the liquid has disappeared. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and chillies to the frying pan. Cook for 7 minutes, until about half of the liquid has reduced.
- Whilst the stroganoff is cooking, begin to cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Add the cream and a generous amount of pepper to the stroganoff, then simmer for approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once cooked, spoon out the rice onto plates and spoon the stroganoff on top.
- Enjoy with garlic bread (use gluten/wheat free bread if required)
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?