- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 350g broccoli, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 75g split red lentils, washed and picked over for stones
- 1tsp vegetarian pesto (optional)
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 75g vegetarian Dolcelatte
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft and transparent. Add the broccoli and cumin seeds and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, pesto and vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are cooked.Allow to cool slightly then purée in a food processor or blender.
- Return to pan and gently reheat. Crumble the Dolcelatte into the soup, season to taste and serve with sesame croûtons (see recipe link on the right).
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?