- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 350g broccoli, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 75g split red lentils, washed and picked over for stones
- 1tsp vegetarian pesto (optional)
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 75g vegetarian Dolcelatte
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft and transparent. Add the broccoli and cumin seeds and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, pesto and vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are cooked.Allow to cool slightly then purée in a food processor or blender.
- Return to pan and gently reheat. Crumble the Dolcelatte into the soup, season to taste and serve with sesame croûtons (see recipe link on the right).
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?