- 400g can artichoke hearts
- 16 kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp crushed dried chilli flakes
- 15g fresh mint, finely chopped
- 15g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 50ml olive oil
- 8 large slices pain de campagne bread (crusty, white loaf)
- Roughly quarter the artichoke hearts and set to one side.
- Place the olives, garlic, chillies, mint, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil into a food processor and blend for two seconds.
- Place the sliced bread onto the grill and toast on one side.
- Take the bread off the grill, turn over and top with the olive mixture and artichokes.
- Place back on the grill to toast the underside.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?