- 225g cranberries,
- coarsely chopped
- 175g caster sugar
- 350g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 oranges
- 135ml sunflower oil
- 1tbsp Demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with deep muffin cases.
- Place the cranberries in a shallow bowl and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Zest the oranges and chop finely. Stir the zest into the flour.
- Juice the oranges and make up to 375ml with water.
- Mix the orange juice and oil into the flour and whisk together quickly.
- Fold in the cranberries and sugar and and juices that have been released. Spoon into the muffin cases (about 2/3 full). Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little Demerara sugar and put into the oven immediately.
- Bake until well risen and golden, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?