- 1 bottle full-bodied vegetarian red wine
- 1 orange
- 16 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 split cardamom pods
- 2” fresh root ginger
- 4-6 tbsp sugar
- 200ml brandy (optional but recommended!)
- Pour the wine into a large saucepan.
- Cut the orange into quarters and push cloves into the rind of one quarter.
- Slice the remaining 3 pieces thinly.
- Add the orange quarter and slices to the pan with the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and sugar.
- Heat slowly until hot, but do not allow to boil and add the brandy.
- Serve in heatproof glasses or small cups. If you are worried about the glass breaking, stand a metal teaspoon in the glass before adding the hot liquid.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?