Suitable for Freezing
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 25g fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50g kale, stalks removed and sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g gnocchi
- Place the pine nuts into a small frying pan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring from time to time, until evenly browned.
- Make the pesto by placing the garlic, parsley, kale, pine nuts, cheese and lemon zest in a small bowl then season with the pepper to taste. Stir in the olive oil and lemon juice and set aside.
- Cook the gnocchi to the pack instructions, then drain well.
Put the gnocchi in a serving bowl, add the pesto, stir through and serve.
If you want to make your own gnocchi, you can find the method on our Homemade Gnocchi with Basil Pesto recipe.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?