- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 25g fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50g kale, stalks removed and sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 olive oil
- 400g gnocchi
- Place the pine nuts into a small frying pan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring from time to time, until evenly browned.
- Make the pesto by placing the garlic, parsley, kale, pine nuts, cheese and lemon zest in a small bowl then season with the pepper to taste. Stir in the olive oil and lemon juice and set aside.
- Cook the gnocchi to the pack instructions, then drain well.
- Put the gnocchi in a serving bowl, add the pesto, stir through and serve.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?