- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeds removed and discarded, finely
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 2 large wholemeal wraps
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- In a pan large enough for four eggs, heat the oil. Add the garlic, onion, red pepper and red chilli and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. When soft, but not browning, turn the heat up. Add the tomato purée and cumin and let the mixture bubble for 1 minute. Add the can of chopped tomatoes. Cook for 20 minutes over a medium heat. If it begins to dry out, add a little water.
- When the sauce is reduced make four holes and crack the eggs into them. Let the eggs fry, occasionally basting with the tomato sauce.
- While the eggs are cooking place the wraps in the oven and bake for 2 minutes until warm then remove and place them on separate plates.
- When the eggs are cooked, spoon two on top of each of the tortillas and share the sauce between them.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?