- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeds removed and discarded, finely
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 2 large wholemeal wraps
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- In a pan large enough for four eggs, heat the oil. Add the garlic, onion, red pepper and red chilli and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. When soft, but not browning, turn the heat up. Add the tomato purée and cumin and let the mixture bubble for 1 minute. Add the can of chopped tomatoes. Cook for 20 minutes over a medium heat. If it begins to dry out, add a little water.
- When the sauce is reduced make four holes and crack the eggs into them. Let the eggs fry, occasionally basting with the tomato sauce.
- While the eggs are cooking place the wraps in the oven and bake for 2 minutes until warm then remove and place them on separate plates.
- When the eggs are cooked, spoon two on top of each of the tortillas and share the sauce between them.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?