- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 75g creamed coconut, grated
- 1100ml vegetable bouillon stock
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Dash tabasco sauce
- 50ml coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely sliced red onion rings/spring onions
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a low heat & fry the onion, garlic & ginger until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the coconut milk, and stir well.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mix well.
- Leave to cool, then liquidise until smooth.
- Reheat to serve and garnish with slices of red/spring onion and a sprinkle of paprika.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?