- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 75g creamed coconut, grated
- 1100ml vegetable bouillon stock
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Dash tabasco sauce
- 50ml coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely sliced red onion rings or spring onions
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a low heat & fry the onion, garlic & ginger until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the coconut milk, and stir well.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mix well.
- Leave to cool, then liquidise until smooth.
- Reheat to serve and garnish with slices of red/spring onion and a sprinkle of paprika.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?