- 200g fresh or ready-prepared kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Remove the stalks from the kale using scissors or a sharp knife. Fresh kale leaves will give you bigger crisps than the pre-packaged ready sliced variety.
- Wash the kale then dry completely (this is really important so use kitchen towel if necessary).
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl with the oil and rub the leaves until coated.
- Spread the leaves across a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper being careful not to overlap (you may need to do two batches).
- Cook for 10 minutes until the edges have coloured and leaves are crispy. Make sure to keep your eye on them as they will burn very easily.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?