For the Puddings
- 150g orange marmalade
- 50g black treacle
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g soft dark brown sugar
- 50g vegan margarine
- 6 tbsp unsweetened oat milk
- 115g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- stem ginger in syrup, drained and finely chopped
- 115g mixed dried fruit
- Orange slices
- Vegan custard or dairy-free cream
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3.
- Lightly grease 4 x 175ml pudding basins or oven-proof ramekins. Spoon the marmalade equally into the bottom of each of the ramekins, then set aside.
- Put the treacle, syrup, sugar, margarine and oat milk in a saucepan. Warm through gently over a low heat, stirring, until it is melted together. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour and ground ginger into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Gradually stir in the melted ingredients, along with the stem ginger pieces and dried fruit until well mixed together.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared basins or ramekins then smooth over the tops. Put them on a baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- To serve: Stand the puddings for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges with a knife and invert on to warm serving plates or bowls. Serve hot with fresh orange slices and vegan custard or dairy-free cream.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?