- 1 x 400g can kidney beans
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 heaped tsp mixed herbs
- 115g breadcrumbs
- 50g semolina
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 buns, lightly toasted
- Drain, rinse then mash the kidney beans.
- Mix together the beans, tomatoes, garlic and herbs in a large bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and semolina. Mix well.
- Add soy sauce and lemon juice. If necessary add a tablespoon of water to increase moisture (but don’t be tempted to add any more!)
- Shape into burgers.
- Gently fry the burgers in the vegetable oil until golden brown, approximately about 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?