Suitable for Freezing
- 5 very large fresh tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the tomatoes in a roasting dish with the rosemary, garlic and cooat with 1 tsbp of the oil. Roast in a preheated oven at 180°C/gas mark 4 for 15 mins.
- Press the tomatoes and any liquid in the roasting dish through a sieve into a bowl to remove the skins, pips and stalks.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions and celery for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan with the vegetable stock and bay leaf then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve immedately.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?