- 5 very large fresh tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the tomatoes in a roasting dish with the rosemary, garlic and cooat with 1 tsbp of the oil. Roast in a preheated oven at 180°C/gas mark 4 for 15 mins.
- Press the tomatoes and any liquid in the roasting dish through a sieve into a bowl to remove the skins, pips and stalks.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions and celery for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan with the vegetable stock and bay leaf then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve immedately.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?