- 4 slices seeded sliced bread
- A little olive oil or melted butter
- 12 pitted black olives
- 6 strands saffron
- 4 cardamoms seeds, removed from pods and crushed
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella, grated
- 15g pine nuts
- 4 mint leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Grease 4 x deep muffin tins (or Yorkshire pudding tins)pudding tins
- To make the croustade cups: Lightly roll out the four slices of bread. Cut out circles to fit tins. Brush each side with a little olive oil or melted butter and line muffin tin with bread circles.
- Bake in oven and bake for about 15 minutes until crisp. Remove from tins and allow to cool.
- To make the filling: Mix saffron strands with ½ teaspoon boiling water to release colour and leave to stand for 10 minutes
- Combine saffron (and water) with grated mozzarella and cardamoms. Mix well.
- Place 4 olives in bottom of each croustade and cover with saffron mozzarella mix. Top with a few pine nuts.
- Place croustades back into muffin tins and return to oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot or cold
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?