- 40g vegan margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp yeast extract
- 1 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan port or red wine
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp wholemeal flour, mixed with 3 tbsp water
- Heat the margarine and then gently fry the onion and celery for 5 minutes. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the flour and water mix. Bring the gravy mixture to the boil then add the flour and water mix, stirring vigorously until the gravy thickens. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, then blend. Reheat when required.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?