Suitable for Freezing
- 40g vegan margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 25g wholemeal flour
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp yeast extract
- A splash soy sauce
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat the margarine in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the celery and bay leaves then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle mustard and flour over and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add the stock and bring to the boil stirring continuously.
- Add the herbs, yeast extract, soy sauce and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Season with the pepper. Liquidise with a hand blender and reheat before serving.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?