- 1 large orange
- 2.5 cm root ginger, grated and juiced to give 1 tbsp juice
- 100g yoghurt/*soya yoghurt
- 150g drained, tinned mango (reserve juice or syrup)
- 2 tsp wheatgerm (optional)
- 1 tbsp porridge oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2-3 drops vanilla extract (optional)
- Use a zester to make a few shreds of zest for garnish. Grate more zest to give 1/4tsp grated orange zest. Squeeze juice from the orange. There should be about 4 tbsps (60ml).
- Wrap the grated ginger in a small square of muslin and twist hard to extract the juice (or use a juicer)
- Put grated orange zest, orange juice and all other ingredients into a liquidizer and blend until smooth. taste. Sweeten with a little of the reserved juice from the tinned mango if needed and blend again.
- Serve in glasses and garnish with the shreds of zest.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?