For the kebabs
- 6 wooden kebab sticks
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms
- 200g halloumi or pressed tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red and yellow pepper, cut into chunks
For the marinade
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Soak the sticks in water for ten minutes. This will help prevent them from burning.
- Carefully thread your vegetables and cheese or pressed tofu* onto the sticks.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the kebabs. Allow to stand for 1 hour, basting from time to time.
- Place your kebabs on the barbeque for 10 minutes, turning from time to time and brushing with the remaining marinade.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?