Suitable for Freezing
- 50g vegetable margarine or butter
- 225g onion, skinned and finely chopped
- 225g leek, trimmed, washed and finely sliced
- 1 level tsp dried sage
- 125g fresh breadcrumbs
- 125g medium oatmeal
- 125g ground mixed nuts
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Heat the margarine or butter in a frying pan, add the onions and leeks, and cook over a low heat until softened. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the oil, and mix thoroughly. Leave until cool.
- Shape the mixture into 6 large fat sausages. You can freeze the sausages to cook another time at this step if you like.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan, add the sausages and cook until browned on all sides. Alternatively, place on a baking sheet and brush lightly with oil. Bake in the oven at 200°C/ gas mark 6 for about 25 minutes or until brown. Serve hot.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?