For the kebabs
- 200g tempeh, sliced into half moons
- 4 spring onions, sliced into 3cm pieces
- 1/2 aubergine, cut into 2cm cubes
For the Yakitori Sauce
- 3 tbsp vegan miso
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- In a bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients.
- Coat the tempeh and vegetables thoroughly with the sauce. The kebas can be used straight away or can be left to marinate for 2-3 hours to increase the flavour.
- Put the tempeh and vegetables onto 4 large or 8 small bamboo skewers.
- Grill or barbecue the kebabs for around 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are cooked through and well browned.
Using authentic Japanese soy sauces like tamari and shoyu, rather than standard supermarket ones, will also give the sauce more depth.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?