Suitable for Freezing
For the chilli
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 large red pepper, de-seeded and finley chopped
- 200g Quorn mince
- 1 chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml reduced sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 x 400g can canned black beans or kidney beans
To hold the chilli
- 4 shells taco shells
For the sides
- 50g iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 50g sour cream
- 1 small avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 10g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick, deep-sided frying pan then add the onion, garlic and red pepper, cooking for five minutes to soften.
- Add the Quorn mince and cook for a further five minutes.
- Add the chilli powder and cumin and cook for one minute until the spices become fragrant.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes and stock, cooking for 10 minutes
- While the chilli begins to cook, turn the oven on to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Add the beans to the chilli mixture, stir, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- While the chilli continues to cook, dress the lettuce with lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Place the taco shells on a large non-stick baking sheet and bake in the oven for two minutes.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?