Sam’s Top Sandwich Combos
Check these delicious sandwich combos
Have you ever been short of inspiration for what to fill your sandwiches with? Try the following suggestions from Sam, Head of the Vegetarian Society Cookery School. These tasty combos will make your bread the starring roll in any picnic:
- Smashed chickpeas and diced red onion mixed with mayo and nori flakes. Add crisp lettuce and sliced tomato and use thick seeded bread.
- Grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese mix, kimchi, spring onions and gochujang sauce. Squish all the ingredients together and toast until the cheese is gooey!
- Tempeh bacon, avocado slices, romaine lettuce, sliced tomato and crispy chilli oil (one of Sam’s favourite condiments!)
- Houmus and thick sliced dill pickle – perfect with rocket leaves on rye bread.
- Roasted sweet potato slices, baby spinach leaves, cooked green lentils, red pepper salsa and whipped tahini.
- Thick slices of mature cheddar cheese, sliced onion, crisp lettuce and a generous spread of apple butter.