Our Covid-19 safety measures
Please note: There are different guidelines for children’s classes.
The wellbeing of our cookery school students and staff is extremely important to us. We have the following safety measures in place for all of our cookery classes to keep you as safe as possible:
- We will be keeping up with our regular cleaning.
- We will have extra cleaning in between sessions, focusing on touch-points such as taps and handles.
- Our kitchens will be well-ventilated.
- We will be maintaining our great handwashing hygiene standards.
- We will be taking the temperatures of all staff and students on arrival (see more detail below)
Before you attend:
- We no longer require students to wear face coverings but you are welcome to do so if you prefer.
- Please do not attend if you show any of the main symptoms of Covid-19 on the day of the class (Please note, we will be checking temperatures on arrival.)
- If you have tested positive for Covid-19 up to 10 days before your class, we will happily transfer your booking without charge.
- We will be taking the temperatures of all staff and students on arrival.
If you have any questions at all about our Covid-19 measures, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temperature screening for visitors to the Vegetarian Society Cookery School due to Covid-19
The Vegetarian Society is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. This notice is provided so you will understand why we are processing information on your visit to the Vegetarian Society Cookery School.
Before you access the building, we will take a temperature reading using a handheld thermal scanner requiring no skin contact. The information is not retained but if you have a high temperature of 38°C or above you will not be allowed to enter the building.
We will send you information on how to rebook your event or get a refund. We acknowledge that the system is not perfect and a raised temperature, even if accurately measured, does not necessarily mean Covid-19. However, it is one of the measures in place to limit the public health risk and we thank you for your cooperation.
The Legal Basis for using your information and your rights
The legal basis we are relying on to carry out the temperature checks and use the information is:
- It is in the legitimate interest of persons attending the cookery school on-site courses
- processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health
If you have any questions or wish to make a complaint: please email email@example.com. If you are unhappy with the way in which your information has been handled you should contact the Vegetarian Society using our details below so that we can try and put things right.
- Website: www.vegsoc.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: The Vegetarian Society of the United Kingdom Limited, Suite G.03, Colony, Jactin House, 24 Hood Street, Manchester M4 6WX
Alternatively, and if we have been unable to resolve your complaint, you can also refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights, and they can investigate and adjudicate on any data protection related concerns you raise with them. They can be contacted via the methods below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF