- 225g dried apricots
- 175g wholemeal flour
- 175g porridge oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 175g margarine
- 125g caster sugar
- Soak the apricots in plenty of water for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Bring to the boil in the soaking liquid and simmer for 30 minutes until tender. Drain and purée in a blender or food processor until quite smooth using a little of the cooking liquid if necessary.
- Mix the flour, oats and coconut. Then melt the margarine with the sugar and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread half of this over a well greased and lined 7"x10’ Swiss roll tin. Cover with a layer of apricot purée, then cover with remaining flour and oat mixture. Press lightly.
- Bake at 190°C/gas mark 5 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Mark into sections and leave to cool.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?