- 1 crisp lettuce, finely shredded
- 50g watercress, washed and roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced on the slant
- 2 avocado pears, peeled, stoned and diced
- 2 rings of pineapple (canned), cut into chunks
- 3 limes, juice only
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Mix the shredded lettuce and watercress together and scatter over a serving platter.
- In a bowl, mix the cucumber, pepper, spring onions, avocados and pineapple together and reserve.
- Whisk the lime juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper together to make a dressing. Add to the chopped vegetable mixture and mix well. Spoon over the lettuce and watercress and scatter the coriander over the top.
- Chill the salad for about 30 minutes before serving.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?