For the base
- 285g firm silken tofu, drained
- 2 bananas, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the lemon frosting
- 12g margarine
- 1½ tsp milk or cream
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 225g icing sugar
- 1-2 drops yellow food colouring
- Put all the ingredients for the base into a food processor or liquidiser and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an 1 8cm / 7" greased spring mould or flan tin lined with foil and bake at 350F/180C/Gas 4 for 45 minutes until just set. Leave in the tin to cool before removing.
- To make the frosting: Mix the margarine, milk, lemon juice and zest together before gradually adding the icing sugar.
- Colour carefully with a little food colouring. Roll into balls about 1.2cm / ½" in diameter, arrange over the base and fork down to make a pattern. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?