Suitable for Freezing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 thin slice lemon
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 225ml apple juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan, gently heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and celery until softened. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, lemon slice, vinegar, apple.juice and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer uncovered for 25 minutes. Allow to cool. Remove the bay leaves.
- Blend until smooth and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?