- 100g green beans, topped and tailed and cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 x 400g can black beans, drained and washed
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and blanch the beans for 1 minute. Drain the beans and run under cold water so they retain their colour.
- Heat a small frying pan and add the pumpkin seeds. Move around the pan to toast for a couple of minutes then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the black beans in a medium mixing bowl with the green beans and all remaining ingredients, except the avocado, and combine well and season.
- Serve the bean mixture in small bowls and top with slices of avocado.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?