for the base mixture
- 350g plain white flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 150ml butter, softened (or soft margarine)
- 3 large free–range eggs
- 150g milk
For the banana and date mix
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 100g dates, finely chopped
For the Apple and cinnamon mix
- 1 dessert apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre–heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Line a deep muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the sugar and stir well.
- Add the butter, eggs and milk and whisk together quickly. Put half of the mixture into a clean bowl.Fold the banana and dates into the mixture in one bowl and the apple and cinnamon into the other.
- Spoon the two mixtures into separate muffin cases (each case should be about two–thirds full).
- Bake in the pre–heated oven until well risen and golden (about 15~20 minutes). Cool on a wire rack.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?