for the base mixture
- 350g plain white flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 150ml butter, softened (or soft margarine)
- 3 large free–range eggs
- 150g milk
For the banana and date mix
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 100g dates, finely chopped
For the Apple and cinnamon mix
- 1 dessert apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre–heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Line a deep muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the sugar and stir well.
- Add the butter, eggs and milk and whisk together quickly. Put half of the mixture into a clean bowl.Fold the banana and dates into the mixture in one bowl and the apple and cinnamon into the other.
- Spoon the two mixtures into separate muffin cases (each case should be about two–thirds full).
- Bake in the pre–heated oven until well risen and golden (about 15~20 minutes). Cool on a wire rack.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?