Tofu provides a good source of complete protein in a vegetarian diet, as it contains all the essential amino acids required by the body.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g marinated tofu pieces
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 sachet cooked bulgur wheat, green lentils and barley
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 medium roasted red pepper from a jar chopped
- 80g canned artichoke hearts in water drained and sliced
- 100g spinach
- Pour the olive oil into a small non-stick frying pan, add the tofu and the smoked paprika and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and allow to sizzle and reduce.
- Put the bulgur wheat mixture into a bowl, add the onion and pepper and toss together gently to break up. Then add the tofu and artichokes and toss again.
- Scatter over sliced spinach leaves and serve.