- 350g potato, peeled
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- 10 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lovage leaves, finely chopped
- 25g self-raising flour
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- To taste salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Coarsely grate the potato and squeeze out any liquid and press between kitchen paper.
- Grate the onion and mix with the potato and sun dried tomatoes.
- Place the self-raising flour in a mixing bowl and add the egg. Mix well.
- Add the potato mixture to the flour and egg, season mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into rounds using an 8cm pastry ring.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and and when hot add the floddies. Reduce heat a little and fry, turning until well browned on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Place each floddy on a plate and top with a portion of hot mushy peas and a free range poached egg. Garnish with finely chopped lovage.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?