- 25g pine nuts
- 100g hummus
- 1 tsp harissa
- 1 large carrot, washed, peeled and grated
- 2 medium beetroot, washed, peeled and grated
- 2 lemon juice
- 2 large wholemeal flatbread
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 50g spinach
- 10g fresh flat leaf parsley
- Pinch of salt
- Set a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the pine nuts. Toast until golden brown taking care not to burn them.
- Combine the hummus with the harissa in small bowl.
- In another small bowl add the carrot, beetroot and lemon juice and combine well.
- Lay each wrap out flat and spread with the hummus and harissa mixture. Now lay the red onion, spinach and parsley on top of the hummus. Finally spoon over the carrot and beetroot and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.
- Season with a pinch of salt and roll each wrap then cut in half and serve.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?