This recipe is rich in folate, which may benefit heart health in people with high levels of homocysteine in the blood (a risk factor for heart disease).
- 25g pine nuts
- 100g hummus
- 1 tsp harissa
- 1 large carrot washed, peeled and grated
- 2 medium beetroot washed, peeled and grated
- 2 lemon juice
- 2 large wholemeal flatbread
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 50g spinach
- 10g fresh flat leaf parsley
- Pinch of salt
- Set a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the pine nuts. Toast until golden brown taking care not to burn them.
- Combine the hummus with the harissa in small bowl.
- In another small bowl add the carrot, beetroot and lemon juice and combine well.
- Lay each wrap out flat and spread with the hummus and harissa mixture. Now lay the red onion, spinach and parsley on top of the hummus. Finally spoon over the carrot and beetroot and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.
- Season with a pinch of salt and roll each wrap then cut in half and serve.