- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 700g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp ginger root, grated
- 900g light vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander or other herb of your choice, chopped
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes in a covered pan without browning.
- Add the carrots, ginger and a sprinkling of salt & pepper. Cover and lightly fry for a further 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins, or until the carrots are tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender and serve. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs to taste.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?