Suitable for Freezing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 227g chopped tomatoes
- 1 cauliflower, cut into 5cm florets
- 1 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in deep-sided frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, cooking for ten minutes over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the ginger, turmeric and curry powder. Cook for one minute until the spices become darker and fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes and then add the cauliflower, potato and lemon zest.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook for 30 minutes, adding a little water as necessary, although this curry should be fairly dry.
- Take the curry off the heat and season to taste with a little salt and pepper. (Be aware that many curry powders already contain salt.)
- Stir through the spinach until it wilts, then add the coriander.
- Divide the curry evenly on two plates and serve with wholemeal chapatti.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?