- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 227g chopped tomatoes
- 1 cauliflower, cut into 5cm florets
- 1 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in deep-sided frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, cooking for ten minutes over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the ginger, turmeric and curry powder. Cook for one minute until the spices become darker and fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes and then add the cauliflower, potato and lemon zest.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook for 30 minutes, adding a little water as necessary, although this curry should be fairly dry.
- Take the curry off the heat and season to taste with a little salt and pepper. (Be aware that many curry powders already contain salt.)
- Stir through the spinach until it wilts, then add the coriander.
- Divide the curry evenly on two plates and serve with wholemeal chapatti.
Nutrition per serving