Suitable for Freezing
- 50g raisins
- 1½ tbsp Amaretto
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 450ml soya milk
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g dairy-free dark chocolate, coarsely grated
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and pour over the Amaretto. Leave to soak until most of the Amaretto has been absorbed.
- Pour 300ml/10fl oz of the soya milk into ice-cube trays and place in the freezer or freezer compartment of your refrigerator for about 4-5 hours or until frozen solid.
- Put the remaining soya milk and the remaining ingredients except the grated chocolate into a blender. Add the now-frozen soya milk cubes and blend until completely smooth. Stir in the coarsely grated chocolate.
- The ice-cream can be served immediately, or returned to the freezer if a firmer ice-cream is desired. Remember to allow the ice-cream to defrost for about 40 minutes, or until the preferred consistency is achieved, before serving.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?