This is a cheap and easy recipe which is delicious served as a hot meal, but can also be served cold for lunch or maybe part of a picnic in summer.
- 200g potatoes cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large courgette finely sliced
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 50g cheddar cheese grated
- 5 large free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley chopped
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Parboil the potatoes for 10 minutes, then drain and dry thoroughly.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and saute the courgette and onion for 10 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic and potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Line an 18cm ceramic flan dish with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl lightly beat the eggs with the parsley and paprika, season if desired. Mix in the courgette mixture and turn into the lined flan dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then lift out using the baking parchment then cut into wedges or cubes. Can be served hot or cold.