- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 50g onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp plain white flour
- 75ml light vegetable stock
- 50ml red wine
- 50g cranberries
- 2 tsp shoyu
- 25g sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and dried thyme for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir well for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the stock and red wine. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Lower the heat and add the cranberries and shoyu and sugar. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the cranberries pop. Season to taste.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?