Suitable for Freezing
For the soup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 large fresh beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soya cream
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small loaf sun-dried tomato bread, torn into pieces
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan.
- Fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, beetroot, carrot and potato. Continue to cook the vegetables while stirring until they start to soften.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Use a hand blender to liquidise the soup. You can cool the soup and freeze it for later at this stage.
Stir in the cider vinegar and top with a swirl of soya cream. Serve with some torn sun-dried tomato bread.
Would you like to see your favourite recipe in our collection? Go over to our recipe challenge page and have a go yourself.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?