- 2 litres vegetarian red wine
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 100g sugar
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 piece dried ginger, bruised
- ½ tbsp allspice berries
- Cointreau (optional)
- To Garnish:
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 apples
- a few sprigs mint
- Put all the ingredients (except the Cointreau if using) into a large
- pan. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and leave to stand for
- Put ½ tablespoon of Cointreau in each serving glass if using.
- Reheat the punch, almost to boiling point and transfer to a punch bowl.
- Garnish with fresh fruit slices and sprigs of mint.
- Pour into the glasses over the liqueur when it has cooled slightly. Copyright - The Vegetarian Society’s Simply Good Food. Published by
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?