For the cooking oil marinade
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the traybake
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into little star shapes
- 10 Peppadew peppers with stalks
- 10 green padron peppers with stalks
- 2 small yellow, orange and red peppers
- 6 spring onions, cut into long shards, keeping some of the green parts
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
For the cheese melt ramekin
- 100g vegetarian emmental cheese, grated
- 50g vegetarian mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- chipotle en adobo
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 little pot of olives
- 1 little pot of chillies
- Sprigs of flat-leaf parsley and torn basil
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Make the oil marinade first by combining all the oil ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat the sweet potato stars in some of the oil marinade and put into a 30cm x 40cm deep-sided roasting tin. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- To make the cheese melt ramekin: In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except the chilli oil and smoked paprika. Mix together thoroughly and then transfer to a ramekin.
- Coat the rest of the vegetables and lemon with the oil marinade. Add vegetables and lemon to the tray and place the cheese ramekin in the centre of the vegetables. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Check that everything is well cooked and the cheese is melted. Don’t overcook the peppers or they will lose their texture and not be dippable.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the cheese with the chilli oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- To serve: Put the pot of olives in one corner of the tray and the pot of chilies in the corner diagonally opposite. Garnish with flat leaf parsley and torn basil.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?