Suitable for Freezing
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp vegan fino sherry
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato puree
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 200ml guava juice
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- Fry the onion in the oil, in a large saucepan, until it has started to brown slightly.
- Add the garlic, cumin and smoked paprika. Continue to cook for another minute.
- Now add the sherry and red wine vinegar. Reduce the liquid by cooking for another few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, bring to the boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Liquidise the sauce with a hand blender. If you find it has become too thick then add a little more guava juice.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?