- 5g dried porcini mushrooms
- 50g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1200ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 225g can bamboo shoots, drained and shredded
- 225g ready marinated tofu, cut into thin strips
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp shoyu
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- Soak the dried porcini in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain – strain liquid through muslin or kitchen paper and reserve. Wash and slice the porcini.
- Remove and discard the stalks of the shiitake mushrooms. Slice the remaining cups.
- In a saucepan mix the reserved mushroom liquid with the stock, add the sliced porcini and shiitake and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots, tofu and chillies and simmer for further 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and shoyu.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water into a paste, add to soup stirring all the time, simmer until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, season with the sesame oil and garnish with shredded spring onion.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?