- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and very finely cubed
- 450g leeks, washed and chopped
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 50g vegan soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the potato until tender. Add the leeks and sweat with the lid on for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Put the vegan soft cheese with garlic and herbs into a bowl. Add a few spoons of soup and blend together with a fork to make a thick, creamy consistency. Stir into the hot soup and season to taste.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?