Using lettuce in place of flour tortillas is a great way to reduce calorie content.
For the wraps
- 1 iceberg lettuce washed and large leaves removed and kept
For the filling
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 180g lentil sprout mix
- 2 large carrots peeled and grated
- 1 large avocado peeled, stoned and cut into thin strips
- 1 large mango peeled, stoned and cut into thin strips
For the dressing
- 100g low-fat natural yogurt
- 15g tahini
- 2 tsp lime juice
- ½ clove garlic crushed
- ½ inch piece ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Heat the coconut oil in a small pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Gently cook the onion for about 5 minutes until it is soft, then turn off the heat.
- Add the lentil sprouts to the pan and combine with the onion.
- Make the dressing by placing all the dressing ingredients in a bowl with 2 tsp of water and whisking together.
- Start to build the wraps by laying out the lettuce leaves. First add the lentil sprouts followed by the carrot, avocado and mango, then top each wrap with a little dressing.