This pie goes well with seasonal vegetables and new potatoes or chips.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large aubergines cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 150g courgettes sliced
- 225g Quorn pieces
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- To taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 450g vegetarian puff pastry
- 1 tbsp milk to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions and garlic together until starting to colour.
- Add the aubergines and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the red and yellow pepper and courgettes and cook for 5 minutes more. Remove all the vegetables from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Fry the Quorn pieces in the remaining oil until golden, turning frequently. Add the dried thyme and chopped tomatoes and all the cooked vegetables. Stir well to mix and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. Season to taste and allow to cool.
- Place the Quorn mixture in a large oven proof dish or 4 individual portion dishes. Roll out the puff pastry and use to top. Brush with milk to glaze and bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is risen and golden.