- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 large red pepper, finely diced
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ x 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 200g can sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250ml low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add the chilli powder, ground cumin and smoked paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the black beans, chickpeas, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the stew starts to dry out, add a little water.
- Stir in the tomato purée, lime juice, salt, pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with the slices of avocado.
Nutrition per serving