- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 sticks celery, chopped
- 4 tsp curry paste
- 150g lentils
- 1000ml stock
- 20g coconut cream
- A pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- A splash soya cream
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion, then add the vegetables, apple and curry paste. Gently cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, stock and coconut cream.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender whizz the soup and adjust the seasoning if required. Add the coriander leaves.
- Serve with a splash of soya cream and a sprinkling of coriander leaves.
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?