Suitable for Freezing
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 sticks celery, chopped
- 4 tsp curry paste
- 150g lentils
- 1000ml stock
- 20g coconut cream
- A pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- A splash soya cream
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion, then add the vegetables, apple and curry paste. Gently cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, stock and coconut cream.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender whizz the soup and adjust the seasoning if required. Add the coriander leaves.
- Serve with a splash of soya cream and a sprinkling of coriander leaves.
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?