- 120g couscous
- 180ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 medium dried apricots, chopped
- 6 medium cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Place the couscous in a small shallow bowl or saucepan. Pour over the hot stock, stir and then cover. Leave to sit for 5 minutes then separate with a fork.
- Heat a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the pistachio nuts and pine nuts and toast for 2 minutes until they start to colour. Don’t leave the pan and keep the nuts moving as they can burn easily. Once toasted, transfer to a plate and leave to cool.
- Place the cooked couscous in a medium-sized mixing bowl, add all of the other ingredients and combine well before serving.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?