For the topping
- 50g wholemeal plain flour
- 50g oats
- Pinch of allspice
- 25g light muscovado sugar
- butter, cold and cut into small pieces (plus a little more for greasing)
For the filling
- 100g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 170g cooking apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Lightly grease a medium ovenproof dish.
- Mix the flour, oats, allspice and sugar together in a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the blackberries, apple and orange juice together, then tip into the ovenproof dish, evenly spreading out the fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the fruit has softened and the crumble is crisp.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?