For the topping
- 50g wholemeal plain flour
- 50g oats
- Pinch of allspice
- 25g light muscovado sugar
- butter, cold and cut into small pieces (plus a little more for greasing)
For the filling
- 100g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 170g cooking apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Lightly grease a medium ovenproof dish.
- Mix the flour, oats, allspice and sugar together in a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the blackberries, apple and orange juice together, then tip into the ovenproof dish, evenly spreading out the fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the fruit has softened and the crumble is crisp.
Nutrition per serving