For the salad
- 300g beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30g blanched hazelnuts
- 75g vegetarian paneer, cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 50g watercress
For the dressing
- 1 heaped tbsp low fat natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 large wholemeal pitta breads
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Put the beetroot wedges in a roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Add the hazelnuts to the roasting tin and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- While the beetroot is roasting, heat the remaining 2 tsp oil in a frying pan and add the paneer, cooking over a low heat until brown on all sides.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the yogurt, lemon juice, horseradish and dill.
- Mix the beetroot wedges and hazelnuts, paneer, dressing and watercress together in a large bowl.
- Serve with pitta bread.
Nutrition per serving
As a charity, we can’t continue the work we do without you. Our recipe catalogue offers thousands of tasty, nutritious meals; helping new veggies find their feet and giving inspiration to those stuck in a culinary rut. Commissioning high quality, on-trend recipes is costly, however we’re committed to keeping this service free and available to everyone. Will you donate £3/month to ensure this happens?