For the salad
- 300g beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30g blanched hazelnuts
- 75g vegetarian paneer, cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 50g watercress
For the dressing
- 1 heaped tbsp low fat natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 large wholemeal pitta breads
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Put the beetroot wedges in a roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Add the hazelnuts to the roasting tin and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- While the beetroot is roasting, heat the remaining 2 tsp oil in a frying pan and add the paneer, cooking over a low heat until brown on all sides.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the yogurt, lemon juice, horseradish and dill.
- Mix the beetroot wedges and hazelnuts, paneer, dressing and watercress together in a large bowl.
- Serve with pitta bread.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?