For the pancakes
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into even-sized pieces
- 35g wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 125ml semi-skimmed milk
- A few chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the eggs and tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, add the potato and cook for 15-20 minutes until just soft. Drain, then place back in the pan and mash, Leave to cool slightly.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder onto the cooled mashed potatoes. Whisk the egg and milk together and add to the potato mix with the chives. Continue whisking until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add ½ tsp olive oil and then add 3 tbsp of potato pancake mixture in different . Cook for about 1 minute until the underside is golden brown and small bubbles appear. Flip the pancakes over and cook the other side until golden.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm while cooking the remaining pancakes in the same way, adding the remaining oil to the pan. Keep the pancakes warm.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a small frying pan and add the sliced garlic. Cook gently until golden in colour then add the tomatoes. Cook gently for 2 minutes then remove from the pan and keep warm with the pancakes.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp olive oil to the same pan the tomatoes were in and add the beaten eggs then stir until cooked.
- Serve the pancakes with tomatoes and eggs.
Nutrition per serving