- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- 30g sundried tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dried mixed hebrs
- 300g Quorn mince
- 300g dried spaghetti
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic, and cook over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened. Add the mushrooms and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes into the pan along with the vegetable stock, tomato puree and mixed herbs. Stir well, cover the pan with a lid then simmer gently for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir the Quorn mince into the sauce and continue to cook for about 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water as per the pack instructions, drain then stir through the sauce. Serve the spaghetti bolognese in warm bowls.
Nutrition per serving
Our online recipe collection helps new veggies find their feet and gives inspiration to those in a culinary rut. However, developing new recipes is costly and as a charity we can’t do this without you. Will you donate £3 a month to help create more tasty, nutritious meal ideas?