This is a quick and easy, no-fuss spaghetti bolognese recipe that’s ready in no time at all.
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 medium carrot finely diced
- 1 stick celery finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 150g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- 30g sundried tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 300g Quorn mince
- 300g dried spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic, and cook over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened. Add the mushrooms and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes into the pan along with the vegetable stock, tomato puree and mixed herbs. Stir well, cover the pan with a lid then simmer gently for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir the Quorn mince into the sauce and continue to cook for about 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water as per the pack instructions, drain then stir through the sauce. Serve the spaghetti bolognese in warm bowls.